First, for those who didn't have the opportunity to meet Sunshine (my ex-roommate), they missed out. He has sadly left to participate in the peace corps in Africa for 2 years! This house will certainly be different without him. It was hard on all of us to have such a good friend leave, but we all know that if anybody can, and should, take on this adventure it's Sunshine. We'll miss you bud. Come back and visit.
We will miss the invisible lightsaber battles complete with lightsaber sound effects...
the always creative and never dull moments...
and his persistence, even if it is to try and get into the bars at 2:00am when they are closed and people are coming out.
So now for the usual. I have been gradually logging more and more miles. It has been slightly easier with the warmer weather. I can feel the fitness slowly coming back. I will being doing my first NORBA National down in Arizona the 31 of march/1 of April. Now for most people their first NORBA is big enough deal to be ready for in itself. To top this off , it will also be my first race a a professional. I guess if there is a way to let me know what I'm in for, this is it.
Puttin' in a 5 hour day on peak to peak highway...on the mtn. bike. Don't ask what I was thinking as this road is enough of a ride on a road bike in the summer with good fitness but in the winter on mtn. bikes with little fitness certainly added a bit of difficulty. I bonked and barely made it over the top, I proceeded to land myself on a bench at Ward general store. But in order to raise my self esteem I must say if you haven't bonked and had to refuel at the Ward general store you aren't a cyclist in Boulder. It was here where I reloaded with the usual coke, snickers bar and homemade cookie.
Josh and Ranno rolling back into town.
Shep pulling Martini and Allen from the U23 team as we descend down from Jamestown a warp speeds.
I figure if you want to be the best you have to train with the best. I'm living the dream here in Boulder, riding with the pros and soon to be racing with them too.
We were finally able to hit the trails up in Lyons. Still a little muddy but words can't even describe how happy I was to be climbing over rocks and railing banked turns on single track. There are some deer hiding in the shadows.
Blake on his new ride.
Here's the house my parents are moving into with the first floor framed out. It is exciting to see this coming along so quickly.
Yesterday was a short ride with Erin on her TT bike and Shep and I on our mtn. bikes. we probably looked really wierd.That's all for now. It was 65 yesterday today's high is 34. Only in Boulder. In the words of our dear friend Sunshine: "End transmission!"
No comments:
Post a Comment