Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Running On Empty

I don't really have any time to blog so this one is going to be short. 2 weekends ago was the race in Durango. It was a really fun weekend even though the XC was canceled due to rain. So we drove to Durango for a short track. I placed 2nd probably mostly due to team tactics on FLC's part. I set the pace high from the gun to cut out any help that would try to attack or whatever they like to do. I got brake checked badly on the last corner and had to catch back up to sprint in for the finish.

I gave it a ton of gas from the gun to make sure I got the hole shot an led the first lap.


Last weekend was WY races. FLC wasn't there so it made for an easy weekend for me. I won the short track and Super-D (on a hardtail). Blake would have been there in second but produced too much power and twisted his chain. We woke up for the XC in 32 degrees temp. with about an inch of snow on the ground. I'm not ready for snow yet. I placed second in the XC (about 20 sec.) back. Basically poor racing tactics on my part.

I have been pretty stressed out lately thanks mainly to school. I had a midterm on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday this week with a quiz on Friday. Also trying to keep CU cycling together and plan for mountain bike nationals. With races every weekend and staying up late studying, only to get up early to begin the studying again because I don't have time on weekends due to traveling I have been running on empty. There hasn't been anytime for me to ride at all. I race on weekends and that's it. I don't think I'm going to win Nats. like that so I need to sit down and figure some stuff out. Thank god I don't have anything due next week and I don't have to travel to New Mexico for racing. It will be nice to relax a bit and get some stuff done that I have been needing to get done.

Welcome permanently to Colorado parents. Glad your here.

The following photos are from our mountain bike ride last week. None of us really had time to go ride some where so we just explored Boulder.







3 comments:

Shep said...

I hope Kiel had fun on my bike while I was gone.

Sonya said...

yeah... just an FYI, you are doing pull ups the girl way. ;)

Sarah Levy said...

Time to update....