So today marks the first day in over 1.5 months that I have nothing to do. So I figured I'd catch up on the blogging (not that anyone still reads blogs if you don't update daily, much less monthly). But here goes.
I conveniently burned out on bike riding right before conference championships and nationals making the end of the collegiate scene painful and unmotivating. I managed to barely pull off the win as overall conference champion. Pretty exciting I guess since we have one of the strongest conferences in the U.S. and I guess I worked rather hard for it.
As I sat around and tried to rest up for nationals I could only think about how painful it was going to be. We got to North Carolina and it didn't stop raining for days. This made for a really muddy course which is pretty unfamiliar to us Coloradans. You will hopefully be able to check the Mona-Vie site soon for details on nats. I wrote up a big thing on it and don't really feel like writing it again. It says something along the lines of it was muddy, it involved more running than I have ever done in a race, it was painful, I took 6th in XC and 11th in STXC, the team placed 3rd overall.
On your mark....get set... SUFFER!
I came home and decided that I would never ride my bike again (well at least not for a couple months) but mom wanted to watch me race so I hoped in the U.S.G.P. cross race the weekend after Nats. For whatever reason my dad took more/better pics. of Blake than me so here's one of me and a few of him.
Super-Blake
So after getting my ass kicked in Saturday's CX race I opted for the beer drinking and heckling for Sunday's race. A much better choice.
Then school decided that it would advance it's army right as my body decided to retreat it's immune system. The following Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I had a throbbing headache and high fever so I went to the doctor on Wednesday. They took some blood and nothing came of it. I then had a midterm and project due on Thursday. Afterwards I went back to the doctor and both headache and fever miraculously went away in a matter of minutes. So I stepped outside the office and almost passed out for some reason. I then spent the next 4 hours in a chair and where we went through more blood tests and decided I should go to the hospital for a potential case on meningitis. Well turns out I didn't have that (thank god) and I went home, stumping doctors (they had no idea what I had).
On Friday I had a quiz so I went to that and then went to the dermatologist because while I was in the doctors office she noticed a mole on the side of my head that she was worried about being cancer. So they shoved a few needles in my head to numb it up then they removed a chunk of it. It turns out I'm also not dying of cancer and I got to walk around with a large band-aid on the side of my head. So I went home for the weekend to try and get healthy, but I managed to catch a cold, so I spent the weekend sick and studying for my midterms which took place on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of last week.
It's now Thanksgiving break and I have been home enjoying the family and home cooked meals and the much needed break from school and bike riding. I still can't shake this cold/cough but I plan to drink so much water that I practically drown today.
Oh and to top things off, it's snowing. It was 77 degrees here two days ago and today the high is 27. Oh Colorado.
Well enough complaining. All said and done I'm alive, and making a strong effort to stay this way. Moral of the story is: If you drain every last bit of energy from your body it will respond by hating you.
As most of you know I really don't like snow but I must say I'm excited for nordic season. Shep just bought some boots and I think Blake is going to get some skate ski stuff too so I'll have the roommates to keep me motivated to go skate skiing. I'm not going to race the collegiate road season to avoid the end of season disaster that I had this year so hopefully I'll get in plenty of time on the slopes, maybe a nordic race or two.
No comments:
Post a Comment